Home Sweet Home February 27th. I cannot remember ever being so glad to be home. After having a lot of excitement in our lives for the last several months, it is an ahhhhhhhhh time to me. Had a very uneventful trip home and am so thankful for Dave's brother coming to get me in Chicago.
Dave will be arriving home on March 7th. I sure need him here for Travis and Kaden's surgeries! Travis is so glad his Dad will be here also. He will be returning to Dubai on March 14th, we were hoping he could go back to Egypt. Not to be I guess.
The surgeries will take place March 9th. Praying for very successful surgeries and miraculous recoveries. There are many things that need to be considered after a transplant but for now we are leaving those in God's hands and know God is a healing God.
I listened to K-Love yesterday and they were speaking to Matt Hammitt, lead singer for Sanctus Real, whose son, Bowen, had his second heart surgery yesterday. Matt spoke of the verse which we often think of during trials:
Romans 8:28 28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose. "
His thoughts gave me a different perspective.....He said that this verse is saying, "We should be thankful for what we have, what God has given us." We often want what we want and count on God to deliver what we want.As any Grandparent knows there is nothing in your life like your grandchildren. Just love love Kaden and Karina. Going to see them tomorrow ...... after two months I am so excited.

No comments:
Post a Comment