Sunday, March 27, 2011

Changes

Today is a day of reflection.  So many things have happened in our lives in the last several months.  I thought it was time to stop and look at what God might be trying to teach me.   As you get older, life events often are harder to deal with.   I know I need to make a change in how I handle stress.  I want to practice more gratitude and appreciation and lower my level of stress hormones.   I want to do more for others and think less of what is going on in my life.   The next thing I need to do, as my friend Deb Nedza says, " I need to lower my expectations."  I think I expect way too much and then end up being disappointed.


Prayer has become difficult the last few weeks, with the trials we have experienced, but prayer is what brings us closer to God and will help me regain the trust that he will be there to answer my prayers.   I  need and am praying again.

We have wonderful friends, family, and church family to help us through
.    "Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down" Oprah Winfrey   Focusing on the goodness or on positive things  gives me peace, need to make that a practice.   



Worry has never been associated with finding peace of mind.  I worry about everything.  There have been some negative things that have happened in my life, but not to the extent that I should worry as much as I do.  It is like I already believe the bad is going to happen Worry thoughts are fearful negative thoughts of assumptions we make about what we think WILL or MAY happen. In truth we cannot predict the future.  I have been told by putting worried thoughts out there, by speaking them out loud, or not, is like saying negative prayers.   Wow no wonder my prayers are not answered the way I think they should be, I worry too much.


Complaining, blaming, and negativity is not something that anyone wants to listen to.  I need to listen to what I say and listen intently.  Trying to justify my words is a sign that probably I am  blaming, complaining or judging.  That is giving up my personal power.  Accepting others for who they are and love them unconditionally gives me power!  It easily becomes a cycle to not accept others or being upset with them and then in turn feeling guilty.  That cycle is wearing.  My goal is:  look for the good in all and know they are who they are and you cannot change others, just your attitude. 


A lot to ponder, but changes that I hope prayers and support will help me make.  Ones that I need to make to become a better person, have a lower stress level, and be a happier person.


Blessings Debbie  

No comments:

Post a Comment