I had a friend contact me asking what has been going on as I haven't updated my blog. I came home last night for the first time since the original surgery. First Travis and Kaden's transplant was unsuccessful. We are very sad but we have to accept the fact and go on. We still have our grandson Kaden and am thankful for that. Kaden is still in ICU. He has a couple of hurdles to cross this week and hopefully he will be allowed to leave ICU. He has dialysis tomorrow (Monday) which is more heavy duty than what he has been doing currently in the hospital. Each day they are trying to cut down the number of hours he has to spend on dialysis. If his body can handle the shorter term/more heavy duty, then that is one hurdle. The other hurdle is the surgery for the catheter to be put back in so he can eventually do peritoneal dialysis at home, as he used to. That surgery is scheduled for Wednesday. Kaden will still be traveling to Riley 3 or more times a week, after he is released, to have dialysis until his body heals and can do the peritoneal dialysis again at night at home. We hope these two items for Kaden are uneventful steps he will go through this week. The doctors say at least two years before another try for a transplant. Adults and teens do not have the FSGS disease Kaden has so we hope that he will outgrow it. Hopefully there will be more medical advances that can make a difference for a future transplant.
Dave has returned to Dubai and will head back to Egypt April 1st. We do not know what will happen after his time there and have many mixed emotions about the future. I hope he will not need a payloader to haul out the sand in our apartment. Hopefully all our things are still there and just dusty.
I am planning to take a slow easy day tomorrow. Just basking in the fact that I am home. I have only been home one week in three months so it feels great. The last three months seem more like a year has passed. We stay in touch with our friends that have also been displaced. That helps, as no one understands unless you have gone through it. We are thankful for the ones who have been there for us through Travis and Kaden's trials. The calls, cards, emails, facebook notes, and support are what got us through.
I am going to be home for awhile, hope to catch up with my kids and grandkids. Looking forward to Baby Girl Leman in July. They won't tell us the name, Dave said it is going to be Rasha. We will call her Rasha until we know the name for sure. ;-}
Love and Blessings to you all.........
No comments:
Post a Comment