Thursday, February 17, 2011

It is all about attitude

Well here we are, our 17th day in Dubai.  This past Monday we moved from the Hilton hotel to the Marriott.  I do love the city but as each day goes on I wonder what does the future hold.  Dave leaves on Saturday to go to Abu Dhabi for the IDEX exhibition.  We had to go tonight and buy him some pants and shirts.  It was great, alterations were free, even if the clothes were a little pricey.  At 10 to 10 Dave had two pairs of pants that needed to be hemmed, as always is the case with Dave.   At 5 after 10 they were hemmed and we were out the door.   Speedy tailor, not sure of the quality but they are done.  The malls stay open until midnight.   We are always doing the math when pricing things.  UAE dirham to the US dollar.  I finally have a formula in my phone, I entered the exchange rate then all  I need each time is to put in the Dirham amount and it immediately shows me the US dollar amount.

I will be staying with Dave's bosses wife while Dave and his boss are in Abu Dhabi.  I am praying for that situation.  It was either that or go to Abu Dhabi where all the Oshkosh important people are without their spouses.  I opted for not going to Abu Dhabi, in fact I almost went home to the US.   I will probably return home next week after Dave is done with the exhibition. 

Dave has spent a lot of time getting vehicles ready, moved from Dubai to Abu Dhabi.  He even had to get a vehicle out of the airport, on Valentine's Day, and we did not get home until 12:30.  Seven hours at the airport.   The up side is we went to the 52nd floor here at the Marriott and had dinner on the 15th.  It has windows completely around and looks over the city and the marina.

I had lunch with Kristina my little friend from the Hilton Hotel.  She came to my hotel and we talked.  I had admired her french manicure, which she does herself.  She brought all of her things and surprised me and did my nails.  We had lunch, she went to work and I went and got my hair cut and colored.  Oh my that hurt.  It costs way too much.  One less thing to worry about for the next 3 or 4 weeks.  

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him.  He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, 
I will not be shaken.  My salvation and my honor depend on God; He is my mighty rock, my refuge.  Trust in Him at all times, 
O people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge."  Psalm 62: 5-8

No comments:

Post a Comment