Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Friends are the Best

Just thinking today how thankful I am for friends.  Some I have had for years and some not so long.  That was my reason for starting Facebook, to keep in touch with people that I have met along the way.    It is so great to keep in touch. 

I have a friend that I have to say I have had the longest, Brenda.  We started being friends in middle school and I just won't mention how long that friendhip has actually been.  I am feeling pretty old today, without mentioning that.   I spent the last several days with Brenda.  Her mother had recently transitioned to an assisted living apartment.  I have to say it is the nicest I have ever seen and it is within walking distance from where Brenda lives.  Last Friday while getting up to go to the bathroom, she fell and broke her hip.   She had to have surgery on Mother's Day. 

I went to Brenda's to try and be some support and I think we uplifted each other.   We spent a lot of time at the hospital and Blanche, Brenda's Mom, has not lost her sense of humor.  She told us that the reason Brenda wanted me there was so Brenda could boss me around.  We laughed.  I also got so tickled at her while watching "Dancing With the Stars" she was really making some comments on the dancing going on.   The dancing, moves, and costumes can really be a little risque, so understandably her comments are justified. 

She was moved to the rehab area yesterday, hope she is able to handle what they want her to do so she can get back to "The Lodge", her home now.  She seems so sweet, yet so frail!!!

Life is short and Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take; But by the moments that take our breath away…..

I couldn't live without my friends........love them.   Time with them takes my breath away.   The Lord has provided me with wonderful friends and I can't express enough how thankful I am for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment