Just spent a wonderful day with a wonderful friend shopping in Lafayette. When she called I thought, this will be great I don't need anything! That was pretty funny. Lori and I each made two trips bringing in the things I bought. I did get wedding shower gifts. Since we are both expectant grandmothers for little girls, we hit the baby section in every store.
I also did get paint for my kitchen. I hope to work on the yard a couple of days this coming week and then paint my kitchen and family room by the end of the week. I made curtains and changed decor last winter in my kitchen, but didn't get the room painted. Even found tile for the back splash. I hope I have someone that will help me with my projects. Things are slowly needing repaired, replaced, or just updated. It is hard to do without your spouse.
There is so much to do outside also. There is a limb down, there are so many bare spots in the yard. There is already weeds growing in the landscaping. The roof is slowly escaping on the little red shed. The garage needs painting. The wooden fence in the front of our lot is also such an eye sore. Wow I need to stay home and get it done.
The one thing I forgot on my shopping trip was a cordless phone, ours has died! It no longer charges the phone any more. I have phones, just not one I can talk and walk with.
Always great when you can get together with friends and just relax and enjoy the day. Thanks Lori!
Just have to say it was a wonderful day with a wonderful friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment